Monday, September 19, 2011

Delight

de·light noun \di-ˈlīt, dē-\

1. a high degree of gratification: joy; also: extreme satisfaction

2. something that gives pleasure

This word makes me happy. I would dare say that it is a delightful word. I was reminded of this word this week. And just in time, I might add. It was a crummy week. My girl was sick. I was consumed with fear and growing weary. Then, just like that, in typical God-fashion, He reminded me of a great promise from His Word. I am certain we have all heard it before, but this week it was just what I needed. I thought I might share it because maybe, as it did for me, it will serve as a sweet reminder of what you mean to the King. Here it is:

THE LORD YOUR GOD IS WITH YOU
HE IS MIGHTY TO SAVE
HE WILL TAKE GREAT DELIGHT IN YOU
HE WILL QUIET YOU WITH HIS LOVE
HE WILL REJOICE OVER YOU IN SINGING

ZEPH 3:17

Lil' ol' me. HE takes delight in me. And you. Sweet, huh?
Take some time and allow Him to quiet you. Listen for His singing
and maybe, just maybe, dance a little.
He is such a joy to know!

Love to all.
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment